Sometimes I'm just dying for an easy dessert I can make with ingredients I already have in the fridge. I have tried a few of the mug cake recipes floating around but they never really cut it, they kind of just seems like they were well, cooked in the microwave.
At last, after messing with chocolate chip cookie recipe I found the perfect combo of simple and fast and I-can-make-them-when-I'm-tired-and-not-eat-too-many-before-bed.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
Heaping 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Paste
1 Egg Yolk
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Stir together sugar and butter until well combined. Add egg yolk and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Dough will appear crumbly.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Shape cookies into 4-6 equally sized balls on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove cookies when they have just started to brown, they may look under baked when removing.
8. Pour a beer and enjoy!
Beer Pairing with Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite style of beer to pair with chocolate chip cookies it would be the Belgian Dark Strong (also know as the Belgian Quad). The rich dark sugar flavors in the beer play nicely off the vanilla flavors in the cookies, plus the dark fruit character created by the Belgian yeast pair perfectly with semi sweet chocolate.
If I had to pick just one beer to pair with chocolate chip cookies it would be Trapistes Rochefort 10. A perfect nightcap to go with dessert.
Luckily, I DON'T have to pick just one perfect partner for this classic dessert. If you want to try using beer to pull other flavors out of our trust cookie, see my other reccomended pairings!