Beer Tasting & Blind Tasting Workshops
My blind tasting and beer tasting classes have gone online! Before the pandemic I held two to three sold out blind tasting classes a month. After a few virtual test runs my classes are now available fully online.
Any course can be customized for the audience from a brewery sending samples to customers to taste blind, to a fun learn-to-taste session at a virtual bachelor party, to a sensory course for bartenders (or dare I say beer-tenders?!).
Class sizes have variety from as small as five to a packed webinar of 78 people. If you have something in mind we can work on it together, sample virtual course topics include:
- Professional Beer Tasting Method
- The steps a beer judge takes and the mental (or physical!) checklist that is assessed when judging beer flavor.
- Comparing Beer – Why do you like what you like?
- This course helps isolate flavors in beer by placing them into their ingredient categories. By the end of the class drinkers know what they want to ask for the next time they visit a (likely outdoor!) taproom.
- Beer Pairing Classes – Cheese, chocolate, and entire menus!
- I’ve held classes pairing beer with everything from cheese to snack foods, (I swear by cheese puffs and rauchbier) to desserts, to full tasting menus. It’s always fun and you don’t have to worry about drinking on an empty stomach: win, win!
- Beer Tasting 101
- A fun journey from glass to brain. What are you tasting when you drink beer? How can you become a more sensitive taster? And….why the heck to people hold their noses when getting a good taste? A more casual course that’s good for large groups
- Specific Style Explorations
- Belgians, German Lagers, IPAs: what is the definition of a style and what are the slight or vast flavor differences that make up the category?
- Describing Beer
- Excellent for brushing up current staff skills or introducing new staff to beer-slinging this course helps people build a description of beer that is enticing for consumers and sets expectations. Cut down on returned pints and the need for sampling when your staff understands how to concisely and correctly describe beer to customers.
Fill out this form to start booking a workshop, or contact me at email@example.com.
More about Beers With Mandy Classes & Workshops
As a trained taster, Advanced Cicerone Mandy Naglich takes students into the sensory world of beer. Classes range from a small group of tasters interested in professional development to festival-sized workshops that explore the joy of beer tasting. She delves into the science of taste and the craft of brewing while keeping classes and events fun, light, and memorable. Beers with Mandy also holds pairing events in collaboration with all kinds of food purveyors including cheesemongers, chocolatiers, and full-service restaurants. Beyond in-person events Beers with Mandy provides beer flavor education on the website beerswithmandy.com and through appearances on professional panels.