This is an easy beer cocktail that is perfect for winter. Festive citrus and warming sweet bourbon meet crisp refreshing craft beer!
This step-by-step video shows you exactly how I make it, but the full recipe is below as well.
Craft Beer Bourbon Punch Recipe
- 3oz bourbon (I use Makers Mark for sweetness here!)
- .75oz fresh-squeezed orange juice
- .75oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- *optional* bar spoon of simple syrup
- 12oz neutral beer, I use Kölsch (see note for other options)
- Two 2 to 3-inch strips of orange peel, for garnish
- Ice for stirring and serving
How to Make Craft Beer Bourbon Punch
- In a mixing glass add bourbon, and fruit juices. (Add simple syrup here if using.) Cover with ice and stir to chill and dilute.
- Strain into two prepared glasses, each containing one large ice cube.
- Top with beer.
- Garnish with an orange peel…don’t forget to twist out its oils toward the glass before running it around the rim and dropping it in.
- You can use a measuring cup instead of a mixing glass, but I really like this one and use it for all of my cocktails. It’s a good investment if you planning on bartending at home more!
- I like the neutral slightly sweet grainy flavor of Kölsch here. But if you have a German Helles, American Wheat Beer, or Blonde ale those will work well, too.